Self-paced online course: ABA eLearning
Participant’s Handbook and Trainer’s Guide – Tools for in-house training
Handbook: Catalog #3005030 $36.75 member; $57.75 non-member
Trainer’s Guide: Catalog #3005031 $95 member; $135 non-member
Publication Order Form
Please note: Telephone Etiquette is printed on demand as ordered. The Handbook and Trainer’s Guide may not be returned.
Course Description: Effective Telephone Communication covers fundamental skills and techniques for using the telephone professionally on the job, including tips for cell phone users. This course emphasizes the importance of the telephone as a technology tool. It provides practical guidelines and practices for its effective use in common business settings.
Audience: Branch and administrative office staff who answer calls or make calls to customers and other bank staff. This course is appropriate for call center staff as an introduction to telephone skills.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare for typical calls
- Set up work area to support organized telephone communications
- Use professional call greetings
- Use appropriate language and voice inflection during telephone conversations
- Use questioning and listening skills that support effective telephone communication
- Handle special telephone tasks professionally
- Use effective skills when working with technology tools.
The New York Bankers Association is a Local ABA Training Provider.
Questions: NYBA Professional Development at (212) 297-1679 or email@example.com.