Self-paced online course: ABA eLearning
Price: $95 members; $130 non-members
Print Registration Form | Enroll Online Now: Members | Non-members
This course is also available at discounted prices under an annual license. Call or email for details.
Participant’s Handbook and Trainer’s Guide – Tools for in-house training
Handbook: Catalog #3005032 – $47.25 member; $73.50 non-member
Trainer’s Guide: Catalog #3005033 – $95 member; $135 non-member
Publication Order Form
Please note: Dealing Effectively with Co-Workers is printed on demand as ordered. The Handbook and Trainer’s Guide may not be returned.
Course Description: Dealing Effectively with Co-Workers focuses primarily on behavior among co-workers. This course introduces information about social behavioral styles and how the different styles affect communication among co-workers. Students will identify their own base preference group and learn what creates the challenges with his/her behavioral opposite. Students will also learn strategies and guidelines for dealing with difficult co-workers and the resulting conflict.
Audience: Bank personnel at all levels.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify elements that contribute to individual perspective
- Describe how perspective drives actions and behaviors
- Describe how behavior choices impact the work environment
- Describe the characteristics and behaviors of the four base preference groups
- Explain the differences found in the same base preference group
- Describe how to look at things from a different perspective
- Describe the benefits and challenges of working with behavioral opposites
- Use the five steps to enhance the working relationship with a difficult co-worker
- Describe the benefits of focusing on what someone else finds important
The New York Bankers Association is a Local ABA Training Provider.
Questions: NYBA Professional Development at (212) 297-1679 or firstname.lastname@example.org.