12-week instructor-facilitated online course
A convenient way to prepare for the Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) designation from ABA Professional Certifications. Participants use the Reference Guides to Wealth Management and Trust as their study tool, listen to 19 recorded lectures, and have access to a test on each subject area, modeled after a CTFA exam.
- Explain how fiduciary and trust activities are related to basic trust administration
- Develop an understanding of federal estate and gift taxation, planning for gifts and related tax-planning strategies
- Describe basic investments management and the economics markets
- Apply personal financial planning concepts as a tool to enhance client relationships
- Please note that this course is updated at the beginning of each calendar year
ABA Online Overview | Course Start Dates | Enroll Online: Member | Non-Member | Print Registration Form
|Price||$550 NYBA or ABA Members; $700 Non-Members
Text – Reference Guides to Wealth Management and Trust: $575 NYBA or ABA Members; $775 Non-Members for printed or eBook version
A shipping/handling fee/sales tax applies to textbooks.
|Textbook||ABA Reference Guides to Wealth Management and Trust, ABA, 2018 (2018 edition will ship February 2018)|
Audience: This course is designed for those preparing for the Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) Exam. The Certified Trust and Financial Advisor© (CTFA) is applicable to financial services professionals whose primary function and expertise focus on the provision of fiduciary services related to trusts, estates, guardianships and individual asset management accounts.
Click here for a typical list of covered topics.
The New York Bankers Association is a Local ABA Training Provider.
Questions: NYBA Professional Development at (212) 297-1679 or firstname.lastname@example.org.