Understanding Transfer Tax
ABA SELF-PACED ONLINE TRAINING
Identifies the types of transactions that may be considered gifts and describes the conditions that cause gift taxation. Describes the requirements that must be met for a disclaimer to qualify for exemption from federal gift tax, and the exclusions available to clients to minimize or avoid taxes. Explains the impact of the unified tax system and how to calculate the amount subject to the gift tax.
- Define what a gift is for tax purposes
- Describe the benefits of disclaimers and exclusions for your clients
- Explain your role in meeting client expectations
- Describe the methods and costs of transferring property
- Identify gift tax considerations
Trust officers with at least three years of personal trust experience who need a deeper understanding of technical trust concepts and how solutions work when applied to client needs.
1.0 CISP, CTFA
The New York Bankers Association is a Local ABA Training Provider.
NYBA Professional Development at (212) 297-1679