Introduction to Estate Planning
ABA SELF-PACED ONLINE TRAINING
Covers tax implications for grantor and charitable trusts and the concepts of gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer taxes. Presents special rules for taxes, ways to minimize taxes, and how to calculate gift and estate taxes. Explains advantages and disadvantages of making lifetime gifts, and estate planning with the marital deduction.
- Define basic terms
- Explain how trusts are taxed
- Calculate distributable net income
- Minimize transfer taxes
- Calculate gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer taxes
- Describe why estate planning is important
- Identify considerations when developing an estate plan
Trust department and other bank staff who are new to the trust business and want to develop a basic working knowledge of trust administration. No prior knowledge of the subject is required.
4.5 CISP, CTFA
The New York Bankers Association is a Local ABA Training Provider.
NYBA Professional Development at (212) 297-1679