Series 2: Interpreting Quality of Financial Reports and Accounts
ABA SELF-PACED ONLINE TRAINING
How to interpret risks stemming from the quality of financial reports and underlying financial accounts.
- LDP 2.1 – Financial Statements Overview
- LDP 2.2 – Balance Sheet and Income Statement Overview
Loan trainees, credit analysts, and anyone with commercial lending authority.
Related Training: The Lending Decision Process
- Analyze the reliability of accountant prepared financial statements.
- Compare and contrast the differences among cash, modified-cash, and tax-basis accounting methods.
- Interpret repayment risks stemming from identified financial reporting issues.
- Assess the implication of estimates permitted by GAAP.
- Identify the characteristics of a company’s assets, liabilities, and net worth accounts.
- Determine the integrity of a company’s reported financial condition based on a review of both on- and off-balance sheet accounts.
- Identify the characteristics of a company’s income and expense accounts.
- Analyze the quality of a company’s earnings, the consistency and authenticity of its income and expense accounts, and the sustainability of revenues.
The New York Bankers Association is a Local ABA Training Provider.
NYBA Professional Development at (212) 297-1679