Understanding Bank Products
ABA SELF-PACED ONLINE TRAINING
Explains how to identify unrecognized client needs and describes the differences between product features and benefits of common consumer deposit products. This course identifies the categories of small business needs and describes cash management, retirement, and international banking services. It identifies the categories of business expenses that require financing and that are appropriate to finance via working capital loans. This course also describes business credit products used to finance durable equipment and real estate. This course explains estate planning and settlement services offered by banks. It identifies the most common types of trust funds and services offered by banks.
Branch client-contact personnel with at least six months experience. Those who would benefit most include new tellers, new accounts representatives, personal bankers, platform assistants and branch manager trainees.
- Describe financial products in terms of features and benefits to the client
- Identify prospective clients for different categories of bank products and the clues that signal client needs
- Describe business banking products features and benefits
- Describe financial products and services in a way that demonstrates a client focus.
This course applies to the following certificates:
The New York Bankers Association is a Local ABA Training Provider.
- Bank Solutions Provider Certificate
- Customer Service Representative Certificate
- Personal Banker Certificate
NYBA Professional Development at (212) 297-1679