Relationship Selling to Small Business Customers
ABA SELF-PACED ONLINE TRAINING
Describes six steps of the Relationship Sales Cycle. Explains effective verbal and nonverbal communication, and open-end and closed-end questions to listen to the business customer’s needs. Explores parts of transition and benefit statements, a process to handle business customer objections, and methods to recognize buying signals to close the sale.
Bank personnel who are new to the small business market and who are responsible for selling bank products and services to small business customers. It is suggested that participants take Fundamentals of Small Business Banking Suite before enrolling in this course.
- Identify the six steps in the Relationship Sales Cycle
- Describe the key strategies for the small business market
- Create an impression of credibility and professionalism by using rapport-building techniques with small business customers
- Identify where a customer is in the business life cycle and the business operating cycle to evaluate their needs
- Present product solutions that match customer needs
- Respond to objections from customers
- Close the sale and follow up with customers
This course applies to the Small Business Banker Certificate.
The New York Bankers Association is a Local ABA Training Provider.
NYBA Professional Development at (212) 297-1679