Introduction to Analyzing Financial Statements
ABA SELF-PACED ONLINE TRAINING
Reviews terms and steps associated with analyzing financial statements. Explains how tax returns report income and expenses from another perspective. Examines the computation and meaning of four categories of financial ratios and how ratios are used to spot significant trends.
Bank personnel responsible for reviewing financial statements for the purpose of assisting in making lending decisions, monitoring the ongoing health of the business, or conducting the initial financial analysis.
- Define financial statement analysis and explain its importance in the small business lending process
- List the basic steps of financial statement analysis and the purpose of each step
- Analyze an income statement and balance sheet
- Explain how tax returns are used in the lending process
- Calculate and interpret key ratios
- Perform a simple cash flow analysis
3.75 CLBB, CSOP, CTFA
The New York Bankers Association is a Local ABA Training Provider.
NYBA Professional Development at (212) 297-1679