Essentials of Mortgage Lending
ABA SELF-PACED ONLINE TRAINING
Focused on compliance and highlights industry best practices, this course covers the basics in the life of the mortgage loan process, the production process, as well as insights into secondary marketing, servicing and mortgage fraud. Origination strategies, common loan products and essential considerations when underwriting loan risk are also covered.
FREE companion course, Pre-Information on TILA-RESPA for AllRegs Mortgage Courses, provides a brief fact sheet: “TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure: What Does It Mean For You”. Add this course to your shopping cart during the purchase process.
Lending operations staff, including: QC personnel, Loan Originators, Underwriters, Processors.
Related Training: Residential Mortgage Lender Certificate
The New York Bankers Association is a Local ABA Training Provider.
- Define mortgage lending
- Identify the steps involved in mortgage production
- Describe the mortgage loan origination process
- List common mortgage loan products
- Analyze the underwriting process
- Examine the role of the secondary market
- Recognize servicing functions
- Explain relevant laws impacting mortgage loans
- Summarize the importance of internal controls and identification of red flags to reduce mortgage fraud
NYBA Professional Development at (212) 297-1679