Determining Your Role in Fraud Prevention
ABA SELF-PACED ONLINE TRAINING
A detailed look at mortgage fraud characteristics, the ways individuals or groups perpetrate fraud in a mortgage transaction, and strategies to detect and reduce mortgage fraud for mortgage loan originators (MLOs) and mortgage operations personnel. The course includes an overview of U.S. mortgage fraud statistics, motivators, common fraud schemes and the red flags that may indicate the presence of mortgage fraud throughout the loan process, beginning at the point of application.
Lending operations staff including: Loan Originators, Underwriters, Processors
Produced by Ellie Mae/AllRegs
- Identify types of mortgage fraud by their key characteristics
- Describe common mortgage fraud schemes
- Explain how to recognize red flags as indicators of mortgage fraud
- List tools that help you prevent fraud
- Describe your role in protecting your company against mortgage fraud
Related Training: Residential Mortgage Lender Certificate
The New York Bankers Association is a Local ABA Training Provider.
NYBA Professional Development at (212) 297-1679