Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) for Compliance Professionals
ABA SELF-PACED ONLINE TRAINING
Explains the rights and obligations afforded to our servicemembers and their dependents and the responsibilities of financial institutions to comply with SCRA and related acts in order to protect servicemembers from certain disadvantages while they are serving the country.
- Describe the major provisions of SCRA, its subsequent amendments, the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 and Veterans’ Benefit Act of 2010, and cite those that govern financial services, including the following provisions:
- Limited on foreclosure and eviction
- Interest rate caps on loans
- Prohibitions on credit reporting
- Termination of leases and instalment contracts
- Define those military personnel covered by SCRA and the documentation required
- Describe the regulations and guidance governing mortgage servicing, modification and foreclosure
- Explain the modification requirements for existing balances on credit cars and installment loans
Compliance professionals including compliance managers, officers and other compliance team members whose primary role is within the compliance function at their financial institution; bank examiners, bank regulators, auditors and lending compliance professionals.
Your Instructor: Ryan Rasske
, President and Founder, RiskGap Advisors, LLC
Ryan Rasske is a highly experienced enterprise-wide operational Risk Manager. His past roles include Senior Vice President of Risk and Financial Crimes Director at Associated Banc-Corp and Anti-Money Laundering Officer at E*TRADE. Prior to this, Ryan was employed with the U.S. Secret Service. He is an ABA Compliance Schools faculty member.
ABA Certificate in Lending Compliance
The New York Bankers Association is a Local ABA Training Provider.
NYBA Professional Development at (212) 297-1679