Reg Z Open-End Credit for Compliance Professionals
ABA SELF-PACED ONLINE TRAINING
Reviews the open-end portion of Regulation Z, including history, purpose, coverage, and disclosures. Explains rules relating to billing errors, crediting payments, credit balances, and advertising.
- Describe the history and purpose of Regulation Z
- Identify credit transactions covered under Regulation Z
- Explain disclosure requirements for applications and solicitations, account opening, change in terms, periodic statements, and other subsequent disclosures
- Describe requirements for billing error resolution, crediting of payments, and treatment of credit balances
- Explain advertising rules for HELOCs, not home secured transactions, and marketing to college students
Compliance professionals including compliance managers, officers and other compliance team members whose primary role is within the compliance function at their financial institution; bank examiners, bank regulators, auditors and lending compliance professionals.
Your Instructor: Alejandra Kalman
, MBA, CRCM
Director, Compliance & Ethics, American Express
Kalman is a Director of Independent Compliance Testing at American Express. Prior to that, she served in the compliance departments of JPMorgan Chase (Chase Card Services), PNC Bank, Spirit of America National Bank, UMB Bank and ICS Risk Advisors. She is an ABA Compliance School faculty member.
ABA Certificate in Lending Compliance
The New York Bankers Association is a Local ABA Training Provider.
NYBA Professional Development at (212) 297-1679