Operational Risk Model Management
ABA SELF-PACED ONLINE TRAINING
Covers the importance of building and maintaining a strong risk model management framework and the principles of model development. Explains conducting the model validation and how to validate results. Explores types of model controls, maintaining appropriate change controls and how documentation supports an effective model risk framework.
- Describe the guidance available on model risk management and the role of the board in model risk policy and oversight
- Describe the types of models that are covered under model risk management guidance
- Identify areas of a financial institution where models are typically found and information that should be included in an inventory of models
- Recognize the factors that should be considered when assessing model risk
- Describe the principles of model development and training that should be provided prior to model implementation
Risk and internal audit professionals; third-party service providers and state/federal examiners; first-line risk and operations managers with responsibilities for operational risk management, including implementing, managing, monitoring, reporting, auditing and/or supporting an effective operational risk management program, policies and procedures.
ABA Certificate in Operational Risk Management
1.5 CAFP, CRCM, CSOP
Your Instructor: David Kelly
, Chief Risk Officer, FirstBank Holding Company
With over 20 years of experience in compliance and risk management, David serves as chairman on the board of the Colorado Bankers Association, serves on the CBA’s Government Affairs Committee, Legislative Review Subcommittee, and is the former chairman of the Association’s Dodd-Frank Task Force.
The New York Bankers Association is a Local ABA Training Provider.
NYBA Professional Development at (212) 297-1679