Fraud and Criminal Threats
ABA SELF-PACED ONLINE TRAINING
Explains how fraud and other criminal threats affect consumers and financial institutions. Describes considerations when assessing the organization’s strength in each pillar of a well-built financial crimes program, and key components of an effective program’s operations.
- Describe the importance of an effective financial crimes program and the risks associated with financial crimes
- Identify the elements of an effective financial crimes program
- Explain the basic four pillars of an effective program and the key aspects of each
- Describe the day-to-day and ongoing operational components of a financial crimes program
- Identify common crimes committed against institutions and effective counter measures
Risk and internal audit professionals; third-party service providers and state/federal examiners; first-line risk and operations managers with responsibilities for operational risk management, including implementing, managing, monitoring, reporting, auditing and/or supporting an effective operational risk management program, policies and procedures.
ABA Certificate in Operational Risk Management
1.00 CAFP, CRCM, CFSSP
Your Instructor: Kevin D. Eack
, J.D., CAFP, CPP
Principal at The Brannan Group, LLC
A former Special Agent for the FBI, former Illinois prosecutor, and former Illinois State Police investigative commander. Prior to starting The Brannan Group, LLC he oversaw Security for State Farm Bank ($15B assets). He is a frequent presenter and speaker on the topics of security, fraud prevention/detection, and investigations.
The New York Bankers Association is a Local ABA Training Provider.
NYBA Professional Development at (212) 297-1679