Credit Card Regulations for Compliance Professionals
ABA SELF-PACED ONLINE TRAINING
Obtain a basic understanding of regulations specific to credit card, as well as applicable open-end credit regulations. Learn about the compliance requirements at various stages in the credit card process, along with other institutional concerns that fall outside of the process.
- Describe credit card marketing requirements, including requirements under Regulation Z and Regulation B
- Explain application and solicitation requirements, including requirements for direct mail, electronic, and telephone solicitations
- Describe underwriting and account opening requirements, including verification of customer information requirements under the USA Patriot Act
- Identify account management requirements, including requirements under Regulation Z
- Describe other institutional concerns, including requirements under the Community Reinvestment Act and Right to Financial Privacy Act
Compliance professionals including compliance managers, officers, and other compliance team members whose primary role is within the compliance function at their financial institution; bank examiners, bank regulators, auditors and lending compliance professionals.
Your Instructor: Alejandra Kalman
, MBA, CRCM
Director, Compliance & Ethics, American Express
Ms. Kalman is a Director of Independent Compliance Testing at American Express. Prior to that, she served in the compliance departments of JPMorgan Chase (Chase Card Services), PNC Bank, Spirit of America National Bank, UMB Bank and ICS Risk Advisors. She is an ABA Compliance School faculty member.
Related Training: ABA Certificate in Lending Compliance
The New York Bankers Association is a Local ABA Training Provider.
NYBA Professional Development at (212) 297-1679