ABA Facilitated Online Courses
- With assignments posted weekly, you'll be guided by an instructor, collaborate with peers, and have fixed start and end dates to keep you on track.
Click Here for Course Schedule and Links to Courses
Authoritative textbooks and readings
A connected, collaborative community of learners
Experienced online instructors with banking expertise
Exercises and exams to validate your understanding
A flexible weekly schedule with no set day or time to be online
How Facilitated Online Courses Work
Facilitated online courses provide an opportunity to meet your learning goals with the benefit of a classroom, but in an online environment.
On average, you should expect to spend 3-5 hours weekly completing your coursework, which may include:
- Discussion forums
- Collaborative group projects
- Quizzes and exams
You do not have to be online at a specific time each week; however, assignments must be completed on a timely basis.
Proctored Examination Required
You will need to identify a person from your institution to proctor your exams Monday - Friday, between 9 am and 5 pm, such as a trianing manager, supervisor or someone from the management team of your organization. Make sure to arrange your proctor well in advance.
If you do not work with an institution, you may want to contact a university/college, library, or a Testing Center to proctor your exam. However, we should have the telephone number of your proctor in case we need to reach that person for verification. A relative cannot proctor the exam. All participants must abide by the ABA exam policy. There are no exceptions.
How To Register
- View the schedules for upcoming course start dates, fees and descriptions.
- Register online or complete the registration form and mail or fax as indicated.
- Cancel at least 10 days before the start of the course and receive a full refund (upon return of the textbook to the ABA).
- Cancel or transfer within 10 days of the start date and return of the textbook and receive a refund less $100 per course.
- You may request a transfer only once at a fee of $100.
- There are no refunds for cancellations received more than 10 days after the start of a class.
- Download the technical specifications documentation for the ABA LMS
- In order to ensure you receive confirmation of your course registration and communications from your instructor, let your MIS/IT department know you will be taking an online course. The spam filter on your network needs to be modified to allow for messages to come in from ABA's application as outlined in technical specifications.
The New York Bankers Association is a Local ABA Training Provider.
Contact NYBA Professional Development at email@example.com