June 11-14, 2017 • Doubletree Hotel • Tarrytown, NY
Essentials of Trust Administration provides an intensive focus on practical and technical aspects of trust administration for the corporate fiduciary. The course combines lecture with small group discussion sessions to reinforce concepts and ensure active student participation in the learning process.
The course is designed for new trust administrators, trust associates, business development officers, and those individuals in investment management, custody, risk, private banking and other related positions who would like further grounding in essential concepts of trust administration. Students will benefit in many ways:
- Develop a fuller understanding of fiduciary powers and laws governing trust administration.
- Learn to recognize unique client situations.
- Gain increased confidence in developing and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Types of Trusts
- Duties of a Trustee
- Fiduciary Powers – Principal and Income
- Discretionary Payments
- Fiduciary Liability
- Ethical Issues in Trust Administration
- Fiduciary Income Taxes
- Transfer Taxes – Estate, Gift, GST
- Administering Unique Assets
- Compliance & Account Acceptance
- Trust Document Analysis
- Administrative Duties of a Trustee
- Relationship Management
Online Course: All registrants will be enrolled in the ABA self-paced online course, Introduction to Trust Administration, to ensure a foundation in trust terminology and basic concepts. The cost of this course is included in the registration fee.
“This program has helped me better understand the world in which trust administrators operate. I feel like I’ve gained a lot from these classes.”
Registration Fees: $1,975 members; $2,175 non-members; instruction, meals and lodging included.
Questions: NYBA Professional Development at (212) 297-1679 or email@example.com.