12-week instructor-led online course
Course Description: Delivered in conjunction with ABA, the IRA Online Institute is an intensive 12-week course developed and supported by Ascensus’ professional instructors and providing essential IRA information on Traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs, SEP plans, and SIMPLE IRA plans. Ascensus has tailored its premier on-site IRA training so attendees can conveniently access the study material and assignments via the web. Student should expect to spend 10-15 hours a week completing the readings and assignments, with acutal time dependent on the student’s prior knowledge of IRA’s. The Online Institute is an Institute of Certified Bankers approved educational program for candidates for the Certified IRA Services Professional (CISP) Designation.
ABA Online Overview | Course Start Dates | Enroll Online: Member Non-Member | Print Registration Form
|Price||$1595 NYBA or ABA Members/$1795 Non-Members|
|Course Credits||ICB: 36.75 CISP or CTFA/FP, or CRSP|
|Required Software||Technical Requirements|
Audience: This course is designed for IRA Services Professionals with one to two years of experience or for those preparing for the CISP exam.
Learning Objectives: After successfully completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Administer both traditional and Roth IRAs and SEP and SIMPLE plans.
- Identify eligibility and set-up requirements for all of these plans
- Administer contributions consistent with contribution limits
- Manage rollovers and transfers
- Administer distributions and required minimum distributions
- Describe beneficiary options and facilitate beneficiary transactions
- Manage error resolution, penalties, and reporting on these accounts
- Identify key elements of a successful IRA marketing effort
Materials: All readings for this course are available online.
The New York Bankers Association is a Local ABA Training Provider.
Questions: NYBA Professional Development at (212) 297-1679 or firstname.lastname@example.org.